[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-bt8xx needs nxt6000, dst, sp887x and mt352 for loading?

Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: dvb-bt8xx needs nxt6000, dst, sp887x and mt352
for loading?

>On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 12:54:09AM +0100, Andreas Witte wrote:
>> As i said i was still involved in the problem getting my avermedia 771
>> running. From the past i know that i need the mt352, bttv, dvb-bt8xx
>> modules.
>>
>> Now i realized that i need nxt6000, dst, sp887x and mt352 loading
>> otherwise i get unresolved symbols from inserting dvb-bt8xx.
>> Should'nt only the mt352 be enough?
>
>No, not since the frontend refactoring. You need to load all of the
>frontend modules that dvb-bt8xx might possibly use, which is
>nxt6000, sp887x and mt352. (I don't think you need dst?).

Aaah! Okay... Maybe we should point that out in any of the documentations?
Ive tried around 1,5 days to find that out... =)

dst is in need, otherwise you get an unknown symbol dst_attach.

Shall i tune the README.bt8xx Docfile regarding that?

Thank you for quick response and your answer! ;)

Regards,
Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index