[linux-dvb] Re: bt8xx problem

you've got a version mismatch.  you need to recompile your module(s).

I thought i had, by running make from within the build-2.6 directory. Where
do i need to run modprobe from to load the right version of the modules? I
had assumed it was from the build-2.6 directory since insmod.sh is there
too, but knowing me i've probably got it all wrong.
in /usr/src/linux or wherever you do make modules
   then make install-modules
   then depmod

the modules in use are in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/

make install-modules copies them across to the right place.

Dick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index