[linux-dvb] Proposal for DVR_BUFFER_SIZE

Search function in the mailing list seem to be working
again, so I searched for  DVR_BUFFER_SIZE.

I found an old reply by Ralph:
Ralph:
>What version of the driver are you using?
>The return value you mention is EOVERFLOW which was
>already corrected
>to the right value EBUFFEROVERFLOW in
>the driver.
-----

1)
But it is EOVERFLOW now in dmxdev.c, maybe we should
change it to EBUFFEROVERFLOW, as that is more what it
is?

Ralph:
>But, in any case, this indicates a buffer overflow.
>Try compiling a larger buffer size for the DVR buffer
>(DVR_BUFFER_SIZE) into dmxdev.h.
>There is no call for changing it. Maybe we need one?
-------

2)
By all means, but perhaps so it  has a default size
so as not to break existing apllications?

3)
Perhaps we can make a 'wild guess' at the default
size by saying it worked OK on SkyStar1 and SkyStar1
has (dunno for example) 27 Mbps.
The fasted car I have heard of is 56Mbps.
So if 2x. then double it to 20x188x1024 (from
10x188x1024)?
Does anybody agree to do things that way?
Or better if Ralph can come up with some numbers how
to calculate that default size for a given speed?