[linux-dvb] skystar2 and ATSC and nxt2002

Hi Taylor,
hi list,

I'm currently moving the demod stuff to the fe-tuner-code-sharing-base flexcop-fe-tuner.c.

I stumbled about the flexcop/demod_sleep callback reassignment:

For the dvb-s frontend the fe_sleep is reassigned to flexcop_sleep. In flexcop_sleep the actual fe_sleep (stored in struct adapter) is called after the lnb-voltage is turned off. (and misc_204.ACPI3_sig is set to 1, the actuall sleep call, I assume).

When I enabled this with my airstar, the i2c bus went to sleep after setting lnb-voltage to zero (and because this is done first, the following demod-write failed, I wonder if this happens to dvb-s demods too?). Because the flexcop-wake-up is not (yet) called for terrestrial (and cable) I wonder if it is maybe wrong to reassign the sleep function when using the nxt2002 or mt352 or stv0297.

Taylor or any other ATSC user, did you experienced something this?

Maybe adding a general sleep and wakeup function should be added? Will try that.

regards,
Patrick.

--
Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de