[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: VDR/softmpeg

Hi,

> Perhaps even the basic DVB handling (ie. opening the dvr device and
> setting the right pes filters) should be handled inside libsoftmpeg as
> well. Or TS playback should be removed and only pes playback with the
> "push" model should be provided. Then it's entirely up to application to
> handle the complex things around "pause".

I think it might be better to keep libsoftmpeg purely as an mpeg decoder. It
could then have different 'frontends' for input - such as VDR, file, DVB
etc.

> > Likewise, with trick modes. I believe that VDR only sends I frames
during
>  >fast forward/rewind. I would believe therefore that what is needed is to
>  > have a 'turn AV sync off' switch so that no attempt is made to keep
audio
>  > and video in sync. When this is the case, the I frames are displayed
> immediately
>  > as they are received. Again, there might be difficulty in
> resynchronising afterwards.
>
> This is completely unsupported at the moment, the whole machine will
> simply go nuts. ;-) Don't even think about trying this out... ;-)

Hmm - I now want to try it out to see what will happen! :-)

I've been struggling getting the OSD to work. If I create some rectangles on
the primary surface everything is fine - I get alpha blended rectangles.

I created a simple window, and this is displayed. However, as soon as I call
'GetDisplayLayer' in 'manage_directfb_stuff' then no windows are displayed.
This seems to be why I'm not getting an OSD.

Likewise, in my test program windows did not work if DLSCL_FULLSCREEN was
set. I'm going to have to delve within DirectFB to see what is going wrong -
Erk!

Thanks,

Colin