[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Which video card will work?

Andreas Kotes wrote:
nope, I didn't mean that. I mean the XDirectFB patch from DirectFB CVS.
You can check out the original X sources and add the server from that
directory, which will give you an X server running on DirectFB.
XDirectFB gives you the same acceleration for X as it gives for native
DirectFB applications, plus alpha blending, plus non-redrawing windows
(no expose events but preserved window areas/surfaces), and you can run
any DirectFB application simultanousely (e.g. mplayer) in a window, too.

Just wanted to let you know there's a solution available :)
Sounds great! Thanks for that, if I find the time I'll give it a try.

Niklas