[vdr] Re: why doesnt vdr name an instant recording with the information from the epg data?

Carsten Koch schrieb:
> Some people argued that showview was "as easy as dialing a phone number".
> Well, back in the old days, you had to dial telephone numbers.
> Modern phones have name lists, so you can select the name of the person
> you want to reach and the phone will map it to a number automatically.
>
> A Star Trek communicator simply allows you to say "bridge" or "engineering".
> Would it not be funny if Captain Picard had to say "612-555-1212" instead?
>
> So, I agree with Klaus, showview technology is going backwards.

But what's if the "name list" is corrupt?
Showview-input shouldn't be a substitution for the current EPG-system
but a practical completion.
EPG-data is without doubt sometimes catastrophic :-( -- as discussed
regulary in this list.

Ansgar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index