[vdr] Re: why doesnt vdr name an instant recording with the information from the epg data?

matthias@pentax.boerde.de(Matthias Weingart)  02.01.02 14:57

>Unfortunately VPS is not broadcasted in the digital stream (sure?).
>But videotext/teletext

It does not help because those are not always uptodate.

>and the WSS (wide screen signaling) is broadcasted often.

>In analog TV - both (and VPS) are sent in the first
>unvisible TV-lines. I do not understand why they do not send the VPS
>too. This should be no technical problem.

They are "discussing" a "better" standard than VPS...
But MOST commercials do have absolutely NO interest
in a working VPS-substitute. (Proof: see the not working EPG of Pro7,
the not-transmitting of VCR-pause-signal during commricals etc.).
They seems to think: Only an annoyed viewer is s good viewer.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index