[vdr] Re: teletext add on for VDR

Hello!

> Now I understand better. It is working.
Thats fine!

> Just a few comments :
> I had to "chmod +x convert.sh", because I got an error message about a bad
> interpreter.
Thats posible that you must change them.

> The format of the page on the screen is too narrow, it is almost square.
> Perhaps a bad definition of the format ?
No thats correct. I have used the origianl 10x12 character format from the
SAA5246A datasheet. If you use a bigger font you will have problems to read
the pages. I will use the non used part of the screen to show status
information.

> Diacritics characters are not displayed correctly, I think you'll have to
> define several character sets, depending on the language. I can help to
> create the character set for the french language, if you wish.
Thats correct because now its only support german language. I only have to
insert a translation table. The font charactes are allready implementet but
first i have to rewrite the teletext data caputure routines that it decodes
the correct language.

> I have run VDR with a watchdog option, and VDR is restarted after a while
> when you display a teletext page.

Thats posible because i block vdr full while showing the teletext page. I
will correct this in the next version.

Peter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index