[vdr] Re: addign STB-style timeshifting to VDR

Lauri Pesonen writes:

> 	- is the stream recorded permanently (can replay the stuff later 	on) or
> is the recording lost after watching it?

I think ONLY if you press a record button, no matter if you're in pause or
not.

> 	- can you move forwards and backwards while watching a
> 	timeshifted show?

would be VERY nice, both forward and backward (into the 'shifted' slice)

> 	- What happens when you catch up with the live braodcast, e.g.
> 	by fast forwarding commercials? You should switch back to live
> 	tv, but do you notice it?

yes, that's cool. If you forward enough the stream will come LIVE again.

> 	- The will have to be written to disk...?

not necessary, only if needed OR if a record button is pressed...

> 2. Instant replay
> 	- do STBs have such a feature?

don't really know but VDR is BETTER!

> 	- how long is the replay, e.g. 10 secs, 15secs?

perhaps configurable, parhaps automagically based on the amount of free RAM
memory avaiable? I don't know if this is good or not, only to show some
ideas.

ciao
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index