[vdr] password protection for deleting and canceling recordings

I'm still using a very old version of VDR (waiting for Maxtor 160/149
GB for new installation), so excuse me, when this subject has been
adressed before.

I'm sharing a flat, so other people have access to my VDR machine
(which is  standing in the kitchen...). I would like to have a
possibility to prevent other people of deleting recordings or to
cancel timer or instant recordings, maybe with password protection
for these operations, maybe even with some user account system with
specific priority for each user (as the Admin or higher priority user
I would be allowed to delete or cancel lower priority user's
recordings).

What do you thing about this idea? At least the simpler version with
configurable password protection would be a great improvement for me.

Dany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index