[vdr] Re: CI Support layer

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:28:42 +0100, Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> What does this mean ... the functions are available in the source code of
> the public available driver .. but the matching changes in the firmware
> are not available to the public ???
>
> OK .. if it is still unclear if the cam function will made it to the
> publich, it would be nice just to fix this one nasty bug ... we don't
> really need the fancy cam menu thingie ... but we like to look encrypted
> channels (channels we pay for of course) after a replay session ....

I don't know what problems you have with your CAM. I have a 4.6SE
together with my PW subscription card and it works almost fine.
Sure there are sometimes problems with channel decoding when I switch to
it every several weeks, but that's all. I always assumed it has
something to do with transfer mode. I do PW recordings and viewing
several times a week. In the last few months I had never a recording
that failed.

May be you have this heat/oscilator CAM problem that was reported long
time ago. The fix was to add a resistor. My CAM always worked fine.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index