[vdr] Re: CI Support layer

hi emil!

i don.t think that it helps if you tell us that everything
is working fine with you. for some ppl this is a serious
problem, so i think it.s contra-productive to say "i can.t
understand you... eyerything.s ok here". this sound like
there is no problem for most of us.

BUT i think it.s more ore less on of the last big problems
regarding the driver that are to be solved.

btw. i have exactly the same problem. ;) or better. :(
and: i have a legal subscription that.s no the problem.

servus hannes!

Johannes Schoeller
<schoeller@gmx.at>

> What does this mean ... the functions are available in the source code of
> the public available driver .. but the matching changes in the firmware
> are not available to the public ???
>
> OK .. if it is still unclear if the cam function will made it to the
> publich, it would be nice just to fix this one nasty bug ... we don't
> really need the fancy cam menu thingie ... but we like to look encrypted
> channels (channels we pay for of course) after a replay session ....

I don't know what problems you have with your CAM. I have a 4.6SE
together with my PW subscription card and it works almost fine.
Sure there are sometimes problems with channel decoding when I switch to
it every several weeks, but that's all. I always assumed it has
something to do with transfer mode. I do PW recordings and viewing
several times a week. In the last few months I had never a recording
that failed.

May be you have this heat/oscilator CAM problem that was reported long
time ago. The fix was to add a resistor. My CAM always worked fine.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index