[vdr] Re: hardware 19" 4HU

> (Karlheinz Pischke) wrote:
> > http://www.redaix.de/produkte/19gehaeuse/frame004-3.htm
> >
> > which I baught this chassis and I'm on the way to build a systeem.

@karlheinz
where did you bought it? can yyou send me the web-address?
i for me like the rmc2d with 9 ide-slots.

> May be you should use round IDE cables.

but, beware of the length!

> The problem is that there are no many alternatives for such a case if
> you want to have a compact all-in-one server combining DVB-server and
> file storage. I want to use at least 12 disks for Raid5. Regular cases
> don't have enough slots.
>
> Alternatives are:
> - use normal PC and extent with Firewire disks
>   (expensive, large, software raid, complex to handle)
> - use normal PC and extent with network storage (Ethernet and Fireware)
>   (expensive, large, power usage)

third alternative:
use a vdrbox with one small silentdrive (i use a seagate barracuda iv)
only for booting and programs.
build up a server which holds all recordings as fileserver (nfs).
that's what i have. and i am very satisfied

Home | Main Index | Thread Index