[vdr] Re: Problem with libdvdcss opening /dev/dvd

On Thursday 02 May 2002 20:27, Emil Naepflein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on a system with SuSE 2.4.4 Kernel and vdr-1.0.1. I wanted to install
> DVD support but I always get the error messages.
>
> libdvdcss error: css error: ioctl_ReadCopyright failed, make sure DVD
> ioctls were compiled in
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
rebuild libdvdcss and libdvdread on the system, make sure the installed kernel
headers match the installed kernel, if nothing helps build yourself a newer
kernel and rebuild the dvd libs.

> libdvdcss error: css test failed
> libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading.
>
> I use libdvdread-0.9.2 and libdvdcss-0.0.3 which run without any problem
> on a different system. The device node is available with rw permissions
> for all. I can mount the dvd without any problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanx,
> Emil

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index