[vdr] Re: What about an passive mode of VDR?

Thorsten Wöll wrote:

>So thats what i meant...
>i do not want to make anything complicated.
>the question just was if it is possible to feed the lnb by an external
>power supply
>to avoid a high load on f-connector; if the dvbs card has to feed, it
>will generate much heat
>as i understand; external power supply might be useful(in my case
>provided by analog receiver) maybe there are power supplys for this
>usage?

 I see no trouble but am not sure ate the same time.
That is : related to the DVBs card.

Did you miss my temperature remarks that i've posted here?
Again:

A tuner may get warm in the first place... okay.... not tooo hot.
The biggest heat problem is the PV case. 99.9% of all cases are
not optimized to remove heat and they made it themself easy by just adding
fans. Btw : PC users do the same.

A good future minded multimedia box is NOT small. The futureclient is a nice
solution for some time but not upgrade friendly. So... a standard computer
case.

Which one?  Only Desktop, made out of aluminium. Aluminium doesn't heat up
so much as copper but it can loose it's heat faster then copper.
An aluminium case is in fact a heatsink on it's own.

Cooling :
A very nice solution would the using heat pipe technology. BUT: loosing all
the heat
from CPU, harddisk, mainboard chipset, DVBs tuner and power supply is not so
easy for one or more heatpipes cause You need a BIG sizedmassive passive
heatsink
to get away all the heat fast enough.  The future client's solution looks
great.
Another solution is water cooling. Both solutions need much user
interference.

So: heat pipes or water cooling : there's still heat generated by other
components
and if we want a fanless system then this hot air has to be removed as well.
So... drill holes in the cover of the case above the hot spots, in
fact...removing the
cover would even be better heh. more ventilation holes = better.
It's the only way to avoid hot spots.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index