[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.6

On Monday 05 August 2002 19:51, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

[...]

> So basicly what you want is to process only part of the buffer that's
> presented by PlayVideo(). That's already possible: simply process as
> much of the block as you want, and then return the number of bytes
> processed. I'm really sorry, but maybe I'm too blind to see the
> "hide and seek" tricks involved with this...

Assume, the player gives me a complete frame to play, but i can only push half
of it to device. Who guarantees me that the next time PlayVideo() gets
called, it sees the second half of the same frame? Sure, the player developer
will implement it that way, all i want know is to define the interface in a
way that makes it clear already in the API what is going on and what is
required.

In the end, i don't want anything new, i just want small pieces of code moved
from the player into the device.

Before we are going to discuss this forever, i'm going to implement the
changes I suggested and we can then discuss it with something more
substantial.

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index