[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.6

Am Mon, 2002-08-05 um 18.20 schrieb Andreas Schultz:
> On Monday 05 August 2002 19:51, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > So basicly what you want is to process only part of the buffer that's
> > presented by PlayVideo(). That's already possible: simply process as
> > much of the block as you want, and then return the number of bytes
> > processed. I'm really sorry, but maybe I'm too blind to see the
> > "hide and seek" tricks involved with this...
>
> Assume, the player gives me a complete frame to play,

How can you determine a complete frame with any A/V-format/-codec? In
order to use any A/V-format/-codec, the player shouldn't do any
preprocessing but simply route through the A/V to the device-class.
So any A/V-format/-codec capable by the device can be played, but if any
preprocessing is done in the player, this would limit to
A/V-formats/-codecs known by the player-class.

Rene

>but i can only push half
> of it to device. Who guarantees me that the next time PlayVideo() gets
> called, it sees the second half of the same frame? Sure, the player developer
> will implement it that way, all i want know is to define the interface in a
> way that makes it clear already in the API what is going on and what is
> required.
>
> In the end, i don't want anything new, i just want small pieces of code moved
> from the player into the device.
>
> Before we are going to discuss this forever, i'm going to implement the
> changes I suggested and we can then discuss it with something more
> substantial.
>
> Andreas
> --
> Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
> Student of computer science
>
> "In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
>       infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index