[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.6

Andreas Schultz wrote:

> On Monday 05 August 2002 19:51, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > So basicly what you want is to process only part of the buffer that's
> > presented by PlayVideo(). That's already possible: simply process as
> > much of the block as you want, and then return the number of bytes
> > processed. I'm really sorry, but maybe I'm too blind to see the
> > "hide and seek" tricks involved with this...
>
> Assume, the player gives me a complete frame to play, but i can only push half
> of it to device. Who guarantees me that the next time PlayVideo() gets
> called, it sees the second half of the same frame? Sure, the player developer
> will implement it that way, all i want know is to define the interface in a
> way that makes it clear already in the API what is going on and what is
> required.

What sense would it make if the player offered you data _other_ than the second
half of what it offered you before?! I believe it is an absolute fair assumption
that you will see a consistent data stream no matter how much you accept with
each call to PlayVideo(). If the player decides to continue playing somewhere else,
it would have to call Clear() first, anyway.

Klaus