[vdr] Re: vdr is a multimedia machine...why...

Am Dienstag, 6. August 2002 18:32 schrieb Olivier JACQUES:
> >we do not implemt some games?
>
> I had the same concern :)
> What I did: I bought a graphic card with TV-OUT (simplest one, you don't
> need GeForce4 for 2D games), installed MAME on my machine and launch my
> favorite games from the VDR/"command" menu. This works well, but I have to
> switch the TV input (well, one more remote key pressed).
> I doubt that the DVBs card would be able to act as a graphic board. It
> would mean that all frames will have to be encoded as I-frame, right?
>
> But well, it costed me a little extra money, and I have now my dream
> machine
Yes, i also thought of this ! But i think the better way would be using a VGA
card with TV-Out (as Olivier Jacques did) and also using this one as primay
DVB device !
Okay, disadvantage is that normal tv watching need cpu cycles to decode mpeg2
streams for vga viewing - but this shouldn't be too much !
Maybe it's possible to force vga cards to make 720x576 or 784x576 resolution
(interlaced) so that an xserver (or svgalib) running could also synchronize
to the picture changes ....? This would be a great "vdr plugin" :-)
Maybe in the future ...

Then no one would have to change any emulators/games and stuff for TVOutput
(except for synchronizing, if they do not do at the moment ....)

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index