[vdr] Re: vdr is a multimedia machine...why...

Martin Hoffmann wrote:
> Yes, i also thought of this ! But i think the better way would be using a VGA
> card with TV-Out (as Olivier Jacques did) and also using this one as primay
> DVB device !

I had suggested that before and I was informed that most
graphics cards with TV out have a much worse picture
quality than the DVB-S card.

I accept this as the truth, but I guess the emphasis lies
on "most" in the above sentence. In other words, all we
need to do is choose a graphics card that is not amon those
"most" which have poor TV out picture quality.

Of course, the other alternative is to use a beamer or
monitor that is capable of displaying SVGA. Might be
cheaper than most TV sets anyway...

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index