[vdr] Re: Is a Network fast enough ?

> I am running vdr 1.0.4 with a NFS (UDP) network. It seems fast enough for
> at
> least 2 vdr sessions. But be careful, recording to a NFS drive may result
> in
> lost frames and loss of sync (video/audio). It 's a good idea to do
> recording to a local harddisk an copy files to server after recording.
> Replay is not so critical, even if there are 2 replay sessions.
> One of my vdrs is running with an AMD Duron 1GHz without any problems.

Currently - as you see - is have split my Harddrivespace i two locations:
VDR and SERVER

Video0-6 = VDR
Video7-11 = Server

So i have a little bit load-Ballance (so i think).

I think i will not move the harddrives out of the Living-Room-VDR.....
And a Gigabit-Ethernetwork.... hmmmm 3000Euro for a Switch ... - no.... :-)

But if you all say that AMD works well with DVB-Cards and Linux i will do it so :-)

CU

Home | Main Index | Thread Index