[vdr] Re: Is a Network fast enough ?

Axel Gruber wrote:
> 1 in the Livingroom: 4DVB-s CArdīs + 7 Harddrives
> 1 in the "Dachboden": 3 DVB-S Cardīs + 10 Harddrives (with a RF-Transfmitter for Sleeping-Room and Working-Room)
>
> Now i think about to bann the Harddrives of the new Living-Room VDR in a small cheap "server"
> wich stay in the "dachboden" and only the 4 DVB-S cardīs in the newVDR but iīm not sure
> if the Network ist fast enough to do 3 Recordings and 1 Reply at the same time.

Always remember: A network is NEVER fast enough. It may be sufficient
for a destined use. but it's NEVER fast enough... ;-))

That's why I upgraded to Gigabit ethernet.... and the switch is coming,

> Does anyone use a AMD for his VDR ? i think about to use a 1,x Duron for this new VDR system - or shuld
> i use a Intel again ?
I have an AMD K6-III 400. OK no divx-recording possible but for vdr use
it's enough.

> PS: Network ist completly 100mbit full duplex and switched
should be ok for about 2 recordings...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index