[vdr] Re: feature suggestion

> It happens that one watches live and does'nt think about recording when
you
> see something intersting and you try to go back with the <cursor-left>
until
> you realize it's live ;-)
>
> Don't know if this is new - but how about a in-memory "live" buffer of the
> actual watched stream. That way you can zap back if there was something
> interesting and watch it again.
> Additional it would be possible to start a recording including the
buffered
> data or simply flush the buffer into a kind of "snapshot" - of course
simply
> in native vdr format.

i often thought about that and even suggested it a long time ago to the
mailinglist. but it seemed as nobody was interested.

i myself think that it should not be a great problem to "record" the
videodata
to memory all the time. and then you can "press stop" or even "replay" for
about 2s for every Mb you have installed. that should be enough.

so does nobody but guido and me think this would be a very nice feature ???

servus hannes!

Johannes Schoeller
<schoeller@gmx.at>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index