[vdr] Re: wrong entry in EPG - Update

Oliver Endriss wrote:

> On Thursday 29 August 2002 12:51, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 August 2002 10:51, Christian Schuld wrote:
> > > On Thursday 29 August 2002 06:19, you wrote:
> > > [..]
> > >
> > > Apparently on allmost any other satellites service_ids are not
> > > unique. So i suggest to use the
> > > a.) DiSEqC number
> > > b.) Transponder
> > > c.) service_id (aka ProgramID)
> > > to uniquely identify a program.
> >
> > Of course, that could be done, but then you have to tune to each
> > transponder to get EPG data for a given transponder.
> > That's not optimal because service providers often use more than one
> > transponder. On each transponder EPG data for all channels of the
> > bouquet is transmitted. We need something like a unique provider id.
>
> If I understand ETSI EN 300 468 correctly, the combination
> (original_network_id, transport_stream_id, service_id) should identify
> the event information in a unique way.
> Perhaps this could be changed in a future VDR release, should be easy.
>
> But this will not solve our problem because La Cinquieme transmits bogus
> EPG data for some channels. NetworkID, TransportStreamID and ServiceID
> match. For example:
>
> EPG data transmitted by ZDF:
>    EventID: 5509
>    ServiceID: 28006
>    TransportStreamID: 1079
>    OriginalNetworkID: 1
>    EitVersion: 12
>    StartTime: Fri Aug 30 03:50:00 2002
>    Duration: 5 Minuten
>    Descriptor: Short Event
>       Name: heute nachtausgabe
>       LanguageCode: deu
>
> EPG data transmitted by La Cinquieme
>    EventID: 24201
>    ServiceID: 28006
>    TransportStreamID: 1079
>    OriginalNetworkID: 1
>    EitVersion: 30
>    StartTime: Fri Aug 30 06:00:00 2002
>    Duration: 1440 Minuten
>    Descriptor: Short Event
>       Name: PROGRAMMES ALLEMANDS
>       LanguageCode: fra
>
> --> There a two sources of EPG information for ZDF.

I guess the French broadcasters think they have to "warn" their viewers
that the ZDF transmits in German. I find it outrageous that one broadcaster
transmits bogus EPG data with the ids of another. Maybe this should be brought to
the attention of the ZDF people - they could probably do something against this,
if they're up to it.

> So what could be done?
> a) do nothing, it's a feature :-)

It's a dumb-ass silly idea of the French broadcasters, and we should definitely
do something against it.

> b) bug fix the way Klaus suggested

I'll do that in the next 1.1.x release.

> c) ignore EIT data for 'other TS' (table ids 0x4f, 0x60, 0x61)
>    --> you have to tune to each transponder to collect EPG data
> d) remove *all* EPG data received from 'other TS' when valid data for
>     'actual TS' is being received

That would unnecessary limit the capabilities of VDR.

> e) use the LanguageCode to select which EPG data should be displayed

I think VDR should display the EPG of all channels it knows, no matter
what language they broadcast in.

Klaus