[vdr] Re: OSD plugin

Maxime GUILBOT wrote:

> Andreas Schultz wrote:
>
> >Hi Maxime,
> >
> >On Thursday 29 August 2002 22:17, Maxime GUILBOT wrote:
> >
> >>Source available at http://m.guilbot.online.fr/osdemo ( osdemo is the
> >>name of the plugin for the moment)
> >>

> >I had a quick look at your code and it would appear as if you are using the
> >wrong approach.
> >In MainMenuAction() you return a object derived from cOsdMenu. Such an object
> >can (and has to) use the normal menu osd functions and should not try to open
> >it's own osd. Also it should IMHO not be derived from cThread.
> >
> >Andreas
> >

> First, thank you to have a look.
> I agree with you, but I return a object derived from cOsdMenu because I
> want to react with Process keys...
> First, I decided to derive the cPlayer class, I could access to the OSD,
> Process key, but the screen is black..
> Then, I try to return a cOsdMenu to MainMenuAction, I can process key,
> but I don't have access to the OSD, as there is the menu...
> How I can solve my problem ?

I take it you want to display an OSD page that has been set up with window
and color definitions all of your own, right? I'm afraid that's currently
not possible, because your plugin gets started out of the Main menu, and at
that time the OSD has already been set up.

> Another question, I would like my menu to be started by a color button,
> or back button in normal viewing mode, how to do that without modifying
> vdr source ?

When I make the "input" plugin interface I'll add the possibility of defining
"macros" that can be assigned to the color buttons. Pressing a color button in
normal viewing mode will then have the same effect as, e.g., pressing
"Menu - 5 - Ok" or whatever it takes to start your plugin.

Klaus