[vdr] Re: OSD plugin

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Maxime GUILBOT wrote:
>
>>Andreas Schultz wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Maxime,

>>>I had a quick look at your code and it would appear as if you are using the
>>>wrong approach.
>>>In MainMenuAction() you return a object derived from cOsdMenu. Such an object
>>>can (and has to) use the normal menu osd functions and should not try to open
>>>it's own osd. Also it should IMHO not be derived from cThread.
>>>
>>>Andreas
>>>

>>First, thank you to have a look.
>>I agree with you, but I return a object derived from cOsdMenu because I
>>want to react with Process keys...
>>First, I decided to derive the cPlayer class, I could access to the OSD,
>>Process key, but the screen is black..
>>Then, I try to return a cOsdMenu to MainMenuAction, I can process key,
>>but I don't have access to the OSD, as there is the menu...
>>How I can solve my problem ?
>>

>I take it you want to display an OSD page that has been set up with window
>and color definitions all of your own, right? I'm afraid that's currently
>not possible, because your plugin gets started out of the Main menu, and at
>that time the OSD has already been set up.

So I try cOsd::Close(); but a segfault occur next...
The only thing to do is to close the osd and open a new...

Or, is it possible to react on keys without creating a menu or a player
(the pb with the player is black screen)

Another thing completly out : I think that vdr is calling SetWindow
(command no 20) too often maybe 20 times)
I see it logging the Cmd command, in vdr 1.0.x, there was only 1 or 2
call to the SetWindow cmd.

>>Another question, I would like my menu to be started by a color button,
>>or back button in normal viewing mode, how to do that without modifying
>>vdr source ?
>>

>When I make the "input" plugin interface I'll add the possibility of defining
>"macros" that can be assigned to the color buttons. Pressing a color button in
>normal viewing mode will then have the same effect as, e.g., pressing
>"Menu - 5 - Ok" or whatever it takes to start your plugin.

Ok Thank you.

>Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index