[vdr] Re: OSD plugin - the solution

On Saturday 31 August 2002 12:01, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

[...]

> The "brutal" thing is to create a separate thread for this.
> After all, as far as I understand you, all you want to do is to
> display a special channel list. You shouldn't need to use a separate
> thread for that. Couldn't you just use the OSD as it is right now
> for the time being, and once I come up with a way to let a plugin
> re-open the OSD you could use that feature.

I think it would be helpfull, if a plugin wouldn't needed to be concerned with
opening the OSD at all. VDR itself mostly access the OSD through Interface.
it might be best to rework cInterface and remove some of the implied
dependencies (hint: cOsd::Open()). Even merging cInterface and cOsd migth be
possible.
The ultimate goal should IMHO be to remove the collision beetwen core vdr
functions and plugins when accessing the OSD (like an OSD displaying a
progress bar and VDR opening the main menu). The mentioned ability to reopen
the OSD would still leave that conflict unresolved

However, given that the current implementation works, it don't see to much
pressing needs to make such a change a top priority.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index