[vdr] Re: summer / wintertime: 24h-recording

Uwe Heinrich wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> thanks Norbert- yes I RTFM (greetings to Oliver... :-) )
>
> but seriously- this situation happens only once a year and I believe
> this is a job for a machine to recognize and correct it- not for a
> helpless user.
>
> Anybody a useful hint for this situation?

Sorry, I thought you were complaining because vdr was deleting files...

Well, if you got a 24 hour recording, your timer entry must have been
"start 2:30, end 2:14" which is a 23:45 hour recording.
I guess, the EPG data was wrong (start 2:30, duration 23:45).
vdr cannot do anything in this case (except possibly limit the recording
time to some sane value).

If the timer entry had been "start 2:30, end 3:14", you would have got a
105 minute recording. Obviously, this didn't happen.

I had a similar problem last night. My recording was 45 minutes instead
of 1:45 (start 1:30, end 2:15) :-(

Oliver