[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: VDRnews.de a site only for VDR

Hi Christoph,

> first on a question - why another vdr website an no teamwork
> with already well known sites?

The websites of all people are complete diffrend and a general tool must be
accepted from anyone.

> As I've seen on many other projects, the most annoying thing to get
> started is to get here and there and everywhere.

You are right but this is a hughe discussion and the nature of the internet.

> Please don't misunderstand my opinion. The work done on vdrnews.de
> looks good (althoug i doesn't like those php-nuke etc driven sites - i
prefer
> primitve layouts - but thats only me :-)), and there is content in it !!!
;->

Thanks, but Simon does a good work on the FAQ too.

> Rev Simon Rumble,  Mon Nov 4 13:58:09 2002) wrote
> > If you set up a Wiki, I'll happily add loads of information.  Anything
> > else makes it a little difficult to work.

I Know wiki and have used it in a project too. It was a Knowledgebase. Wiki
has one disadvantage for projects like vdrnews.de: the complex stucture.
All other things can realised in Articles like in ezPublish but ez is very
complicated.

> http://www.wikiwikiweb.de
> would be happy to host this( they do for gpl things as a read)
> Live examples can be seen at www.linuxwiki.de and www.agendawiki.com

PHP-Nuke have already the ability to be a CMS.
All registred users can be admins. The sections in what the admins can act
are:

Articles
Topics
Users
Surveys
Sections
Web Links
Downloads
Reviews
Newsletter
Forum
User Content
Encyclopedia

And an admin that can manage content is only able to manage content. This
rights-system is not bad. I have made a sample page here:
http://vdrnews.de/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

So the mainmessage is come on an we can make it togehter. I dont see this
page as my own thing. Its a thing from anyone he load it with information.

Best regards

Udo