[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Online Channeleditor for all VDR-Versions

On 11 Nov 2002 at 15:30, Are Årseth wrote:

> Excelent feature :) However it isn't much use to us scandinavians unless
> you add the 1W and 5E sattelite positions.
>
> And how do you use the encryption field of channels.conf? None of my usual
> channels are FTA so that the encryption field is correct is essential. A
> unique number for each encryption type is sufficient.

Hallo Are,

if 5E means Sirius2,3 - it is included as you can see on
http://www.vdrnews.de/modules.php?name=Channel_Editor

1W - (Intelsat707 ? OR Thor 2+3 ???) We have no west-positions
this time, but it can be included in short time..

We have a provider (bouquet) -Field (Premiere, UPC, Viasat...)
and generate on this base the encryption-codes implemented
by Klaus 101, 201,...  a.s.o.
regardless of this field, we have a extra-field for the encryption itself
(Irdeto, Viacess..) to be sure for future changes...

greetings,

Uwe Weissbach