[vdr] Get CAM/CI working

ons, 2002-11-27 kl. 19:12 skrev Clemens Kirchgatterer:
> Sascha Volkenandt <mailbot1@wat.willz.de> wrote:
>
> > And what's patented about Irdeto and so on is not the "software", it's
> > the "algorithm", and that's legal to patent in almost every country
> > worldwide.
>
> wrong. see my other post about that. you can't patent algorithms in
> europe.
>
> http://swpat.ffii.org/vreji/papri/eubsa-swpat0202/index.de.html

hm, just out of my head:

I live i norway (My English is hopeless:-)
and none norwegian satelite-TV channels are free-to-air :-(

..I have a Hauppauge DVB-s 2.1 with a ci interface for 2 CAMs..
(and legal Conax/Viaccess CAMs/cards)
..and I cant get the thing working..
I have tested, it works in w2k, but I use Linux on my PCs..

So, its time to do something with the non-workings:

1. Convergence could fix the firmware, but the firmware is under NDA and
they seem to have limited resources; It's a lowpriority.
And it looks like they lost expertis on this with the MetzlerBros ?

2. Someone could disassemble the firmware, get whatever free
documentation there is out there and write own docs for the rest..
Anyone working on something like this?

3. Workaround, use softcams..
..optionally with genuine cards at the com-port..
I need one for Conax :-),
I guess somebody is working on this..

4. Use Windoze :-/ nah, too clunky

So where do i put my resources?? (In a legal way)
I have done some reverse engineering on microcontrollers,
but this is much bigger, not something i can do afterhours alone :-)

or, Instead of buying a copy of W2k, give the money to Convergence??

BTW:
Is it possible to buy card/CI supported by linux-DVB for my CAMs?
If so where?

--
Mvh
Nils Olav Fossum