[vdr] Re: Premote Plugin

Hi Micael,

> Yes. However, I connected the jumper just now,
>and at least, there's no smoke.

Good ;o))

> I will learn the keys later tonight.

use ./evtest to log you results on the console.

> Has there, in your knowledge been any thoughts on an
>open firmware project?

I believe this has been suggested, but non of the convergence
guys ever gave a real "straight" answer. As to a "start from
nothing" project, this is difficult to do, because the info, which
is available to the public, doesn't give any real answers to our
problems. The problem is not only to know what code must be
put where (to say it in simple words), but you also need true
knowledge of ARM-7 (the AV711x) processors.  There just
isn't any good info available on this. Anyone who has the
necessary info, will most likely also have signed a NDA ;o((

TI made a big hassle to release the data sheet on the AV711x,
so there is no hope of getting more info from them, either. The
data sheet discloses next to nothing on how to program the
chip.

> Yes, I guess. But will the firmware ever get fixed?

All we can do is hope (or find someone with the necessary
programming knowledge and tools)

Greetz,
Reinhard

---