[vdr] Re : vdradmin feature request

Hello,

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:

> <wonders>
>   if vdr was able to send the current OSD via SVDRP ...
> </wonders>

I have done some tests to integrate tvtime, vdr and my patch for vdr to
support teletext subtitles.

I have found a simple way to share subtitles data between vdr and any
program.I am using shared memory and ipc semaphore to sync access.

One great idea could be to "publish" vdr OSD using a shared memory so
that any program can steal it for display.

The hard part is to define what should inside this shared memory.

Sorry I am always finding complex solutions for easy tasks ;-)

Regards,

Patrick.

And Happy new Year.