[vdr] Re: Having keys being used in a more "context sensitive" way

Hi,

to be honest, for some times I see another usability issue:
Most of the 'cheap' (< 50 Euro) universal remotes (e.g. from Aldi,
Conrad etc.) have coloured VCR buttons e.g. red is also record, green is
play, blue is forward etc.
It would really be great if is was possible to customize the control
more so that I can use the red button also for instant recording, green
opens the recordings dialog etc. instead of using e.g. the up, down,
left and right keys for navigation when playing back a record.

But I don´t know if this is really possible as there is no standard
outside which colour belongs to which VCR function on a remote
control...
Maybe it would even be better to get away from those coloured buttons
and let the user decide which button he wants to press in every dialog
to get the former red, blue, yellow and green option.

With kind regards

Jörg