[vdr] Re: RTL back to normal!

Hi Klaus, Oliver,

> On Friday 03 January 2003 01:08, Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> > I noticed quite a few blocky passages in the live stream (no trick &

> Are there any ringbuffer overflow messages in your syslog?

Sorry,  I didn't look, but I will be keeping tabs on this problem
anyway ;o))

> No: probably an encoding issue. Fast moving scenes cannot be
>     encoded properly due to bandwidth limitations.

Only the "problem" channel exhibited this behavoir. Other action
scenes on different channels did not. In a few case I had about 90%
pixelisation (even on easy going scenes). Similar behavior, when
the ARM ist just about to crash (but it didn't on a 2hr "test drive")

> Yes: check cpu load. Does the transfer thread consume most of
>      the cpu time?

Will check into this, but if my XP1600 CPU / 512MB RAM is
overloaded, there has got to be something else wrong ;ö)) I heavily
loaded VDR a few times before with:

- single card system
- 3x recordings
- 1 replay
- 1 fixed channel streaming back onto the same PC (double load so to say)
- SVCD Conversion in the backround

and had NO problems with CPU, RAM or other load sensitive things ;o))

I just assume that the RTL problem isn't completely gone, just gotten
a lot better. The replayed recordings of course had pixelisation in
the same places, too.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---