[vdr] Re: Additional remotes with the remote plugin

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Oliver Endriss wrote:

> On Friday 03 January 2003 22:19, bigg wrote:
> > I've just succesfully setup vdr-1.1.20 and the remote plugin.
> >
> > However, the hauppauge remote only having 21 buttons is starting to
> > make use of vdr a little difficult. I do however have a Creative
> > RM-900B remote lying around (from my Audigy soundcard), is it
> > possible to use this with the remote plugin and the IR receiver on
> > teh DVB-s card?
>
> The nexus receiver requires a remote which uses the RC5 protocol.
> If you got your hauppauge remote control working, you can simply try
> the buttons on the RM-900B.
>
> If vdr reacts or you see some error messages in the syslog, the remote
> can be used. You have to prepare your own keymap. Please refer to the
> README in the DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys directory.
>
> Oliver

I got nothing whatsoever from the remote. I tried removing dvb_ttpci or
whatever it was and inserting it with the option for extra debug info, yet
still nothing in the syslog. I'm kind of presuming that this means that I
can't use it with the Nexus receiver? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Gary