[vdr] Re: Additional remotes with the remote plugin

On Saturday 04 January 2003 18:53, bigg wrote:
> I got nothing whatsoever from the remote. I tried removing dvb_ttpci
> or whatever it was and inserting it with the option for extra debug
> info, yet still nothing in the syslog. I'm kind of presuming that
> this means that I can't use it with the Nexus receiver?

Looks like it does not use RC5. So it can't be used.

> Any other ideas?

- Check whether the receiver of your soundcard is supported by LIRC.
  If yes, install LIRC and compile vdr with REMOTE=LIRC.

- Build a serial port receiver and get LIRC working.
  Compile vdr with REMOTE=LIRC.

- Buy a universal remote :-)

Oliver