[vdr] Re: Additional remotes with the remote plugin

On Friday 03 January 2003 22:19, bigg wrote:
> I've just succesfully setup vdr-1.1.20 and the remote plugin.
>
> However, the hauppauge remote only having 21 buttons is starting to
> make use of vdr a little difficult. I do however have a Creative
> RM-900B remote lying around (from my Audigy soundcard), is it
> possible to use this with the remote plugin and the IR receiver on
> teh DVB-s card?

The nexus receiver requires a remote which uses the RC5 protocol.
If you got your hauppauge remote control working, you can simply try
the buttons on the RM-900B.

If vdr reacts or you see some error messages in the syslog, the remote
can be used. You have to prepare your own keymap. Please refer to the
README in the DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys directory.

Oliver