[vdr] Re: AW: Re: MP3 Plugin Problems

On 05 Jan 2003 "Steffen Becker" <stbecker@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> I tried changing all parameters several times. The only parameter which
> changed the behaviour was the background mode. As I've got a 1GHz CPU which
> is capable to replay DivX Movies PLUS Mp3 sound track via MPlayer wo/
> problems, I can only conclude that it's a bug in the plugin, vdr or the
> driver...

I don't think that it's a matter of cpu load.
Normaly I use "live" mode, but I did a longer test with "black"
mode yesterday. I didn't noticed a dropout over a hour (Well, if
the dropouts are seldom, may be I missed it. Wasn't sitting duck
in front of the speaker).
May be, it's depends on the driver/card version. I have rev 2.1
cards with 6.12.2002 driver running.

Or it's cause by the way the driver is setup for "black" replay
mode (dvbdevice.c SetPlayMode()). You could play around with it,
to find a better method.

CU

--
Stefan Huelswitt