[vdr] Re: Finding channels

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Jaakko Hyvätti wrote:

Halleluja!

I'm not religious normally, but having something suddenly start working
like this makes me wonder... :)

Jaakko, the patches you gave makes DVB and dvbtune directly find the
streams from the frequencies that I had. No problems at all. No offsets
needed, just the direct frequencies, QAM and symbolrates.

The list of AFC values is here:

	http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/media/dvb/turku-cable.txt

The three first scans are the normal Free-To-Air bouquets, and the rest
ones are pay-channel bouquets. After the scan info comes syslog entries.
Seems to be ok.

The actual channel scans gave the TV and radio channels just fine, and
with the excellent instructions I think I have a channels.conf that could
work. It's a bit hard to test VDR from work over ssh.

I assume the teletext info would be extracted from tags like:

<stream type="6" pid="2321">
   <teletext tag="0x56">
       <teletext_info lang="fin" type="1" page="100" />
   </teletext>
</stream>

where the teletext pid is simply the 2321 from the stream tag.

I have renewed my trust in mankind. :) Jaakko, thanks a lot for the
patches and step-by-step instructions, even an overly impatient guy like
me got it to tune with them.

--
           "Right, you bastards, you're... you're geography"
                                         -- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!