[vdr] Re: Finding channels

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> 	http://www.turunkaapelitv.fi/?sivu=taajuudet&alasivu=digi
>
> but nothing works. Well, the card seems to not be broken, so at least I
> should be able to sell it to some other poor sod and cover part of my
> costs.

  Maybe someone already done this in Turku would like to share his
channel.conf?  Looks like no-one from that town on this list.  If you have
not tried my patches already, here is how to get them working.  The
current CVS as such does not work for DVB-C but the patches fix that, for
me anyway.

1. patch DVB CVS head and dvbtune CVS version with
   http://www.iki.fi/hyvatti/dvb/ patches.

2. Try tuning (the freq is from that Turku tv list):

./dvbtune -f 146000000 -s 6900 -qam 128 -I 0 -m

  With my patches this also displays AFC offsets if it is able to lock.
Send me email about what values you see, I would like to know. If no lock,
try small offsets like +-62500, +-125000 Hz etc.  Then try changing
inversion, in ves1820.c change

 reg0 |= 0x20;

 reg0 &= ~0x20;

  Also it might be easiest to tune the QAM64 stream, so try that one too.
If it does not tune, maybe syslog has some clues?  Please send me email
about that in that case.

3. Dump the info as XML:

./dvbtune -f 146000000 -s 6900 -qam 128 -I 0 -i > 146.xml

  Convert it into channels.conf.  The resulting file was fine for older
versions of vdr, now it needs some had editing:

./xml2vdr 146.xml > channels.conf

Catenate all resulting files for different frequencies to one
channels.conf.  Edit channels.conf followingly:

- Edit channel names as you wish
- replace string :V:0: everywhere with :M128I0:C: for qam128 channels
  and :M64I0:C: for qam64 channels.  Change I0 to I1 if inversion
  should be on.
- Add :0:0:0 to the end of each line
- You can pick text-tv PID from the XML also for all channels and
  edit it into the file too.

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com