[vdr] Finding channels

Hi,

Is it possible to find the cable channel data for channels.conf if it's
not included in the downloaded versions? I've tried for hours to fiddle
with "dvbtune", "dtv_scan" and a host of different versions of the
DVB-driver, and I have given up. Nothing even seems to give at least a
sense of hope, and I feel that the 300¤ for the card were thrown down the
drain. VDR itself compiles and runs fine, at least it doesn't seem to log
any crashes. The DVB drivers (all versions) compile fine and insmod
without any visible problems, so the hardware seems to be ok:ish.

Is digi-TV a luxury for Windows or for central Europe only? Up here in
Finland nothing works. :( I've even tried to feed "dvb_tune" the frequency
data found on this page (in Finnish only, of course):

	http://www.turunkaapelitv.fi/?sivu=taajuudet&alasivu=digi

but nothing works. Well, the card seems to not be broken, so at least I
should be able to sell it to some other poor sod and cover part of my
costs.

--

    Greebo could, in fact, commit sexual harrassment simply by sitting
                    very quietly in the next room.