[vdr] Re: Finding channels

Hi Jan!

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Jan Ekholm wrote:

> Is it possible to find the cable channel data for channels.conf if it's
> not included in the downloaded versions? I've tried for hours to fiddle
> with "dvbtune", "dtv_scan" and a host of different versions of the
> DVB-driver, and I have given up. Nothing even seems to give at least a
> sense of hope, and I feel that the 300¤ for the card were thrown down the
> drain. VDR itself compiles and runs fine, at least it doesn't seem to log
> any crashes. The DVB drivers (all versions) compile fine and insmod
> without any visible problems, so the hardware seems to be ok:ish.

Have you tried to use a Windows-DVB-Software - does this work?
(if this works, you can have look there for the parameters)

Are you sure, the cable-programs are unencrypted?

Do you know anyone in your area, who has a cable-DVB-box, and can let you
know the data-parameter (frequencies, etc.)?

Georg

--
 Georg Hitsch     ++ mail: georg@hitsch.at
 ripe: gh231-ripe ++ web:  http://ge.org/