[vdr] AW: cannot start vdr-1.1.20 on SuSE 8.1

Hi Lothar,

after playing around with Suse 8.1 and gcc3.20 I gave up and installed gcc2.95 (from Suse 7.2). Since then I had no problems compiling, also I didn't try vdr-1.1.20 so far.

What compiler options do you use when compiling with gcc3.20?

Maybe you build your application from objects that were compiled by different versions of gcc? Should be impossible but would explain an error message that is nowere in the source.

hth,
Georg