[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: VdrTetris-Plugin-0.2.2

Am Dienstag, 7. Januar 2003 10:41 schrieben Sie:
> Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
> > Klaudius.Chlebosch@t-online.de (Klaudius Chlebosch) wrote:
[...]
> > > 1.1.20 ). Are you shure that your non-virtual ~GameTetris is ever
> > > called ?
> >
> > IMHO, it does not matter, if a methode is declared virtual in the
> > chiled class. it has to be virtual in the base class, though.
> > and of'course it would make a difference, if i would derive from
> > GameTetris afterwards.
> >
> > but, i'm not 100% shure about this. :-) if anybody could make a clear
> > statement?
> >
> > thx ...
> > clemens
>
> Once a class member function is declared virtual it is virtual
> in all derived classes, too. So there is no need to repeat the 'virtual'
> keyword in the derived classes - but personally I like to have the
> 'virtual' in the derived classes, too, just to see at a glance what's going
> on.

You are right ! I made some tests. Down from the point in the inhertitance
tree where the destructor is first declared virtual, it remains virtual. (
maybe i should think more and post less ... ;-)

And may the Stroustroup be with you...

mfg -kc-
--
email: Klaudius.Chlebosch@t-online.de