[vdr] Re: Improved CAM support in VDR

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2003 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> > Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> >> On 10 Jan 2003 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Just a smal wish: I don't have any CAM and I would like to
> >> disable LinkLayer support completely at compile time (to skip the
> >> CAM detection at startup, which takes some time). Like "make
> >> NO_LL=1". Can it be done?
> >
> > I have now implemented a check whether there is a CAM present at all.
> > With this it quickly skips these lengthy checks. Can you please try
> > the new ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/ci.c ?
>
> Well, it seems to be a bit faster, but I still would prefer to
> disable the code at compile time (smaler executable).

I probably will allow the whole CAM support to be completely disabled, but
first I want to get it _working_.

> Also I'm wondering why VDR reports:
> Jan 12 23:43:39 video vdr[3098]: CAM: found 2 CAM slots
> Jan 12 23:43:43 video vdr[3098]: CAM: no CAM detected
>
> This is obviously not true, as this is a plain DVB card, no CI
> board. Shouldn't this read 0 CAM slots?
> (and you see that the check takes 4s).

Well, just take a look into the driver and you'll see why this happens.
The driver _always_ says that there are two slots, it doesn't check whether
there actually _is_ a CAM adapter present (I don't know if that would be at
all possible).

> And there is a warning in ci.h:
> ci.c: In member function `bool cCiTransportLayer::ResetSlot(int)':
> ci.c:492: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
>
> I think a cast would remove this.

Sute, that's a minor cleanup thing. Yesterday I was pretty busy hacking around
to get at least _something_ to work, so I really didn't care much about such
things.

Klaus