[vdr] Re: Improved CAM support in VDR

On 12 Jan 2003 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>> On 10 Jan 2003 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>>
>> Just a smal wish: I don't have any CAM and I would like to
>> disable LinkLayer support completely at compile time (to skip the
>> CAM detection at startup, which takes some time). Like "make
>> NO_LL=1". Can it be done?
>
> I have now implemented a check whether there is a CAM present at all.
> With this it quickly skips these lengthy checks. Can you please try
> the new ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/ci.c ?

Well, it seems to be a bit faster, but I still would prefer to
disable the code at compile time (smaler executable).

Also I'm wondering why VDR reports:
Jan 12 23:43:39 video vdr[3098]: CAM: found 2 CAM slots
Jan 12 23:43:43 video vdr[3098]: CAM: no CAM detected

This is obviously not true, as this is a plain DVB card, no CI
board. Shouldn't this read 0 CAM slots?
(and you see that the check takes 4s).

And there is a warning in ci.h:
ci.c: In member function `bool cCiTransportLayer::ResetSlot(int)':
ci.c:492: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

I think a cast would remove this.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan