[vdr] Re: cDevice plugin API

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sascha Volkenandt" <mailbot1@wat.willz.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 6:56 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: cDevice plugin API

> On Sonntag, 12. Januar 2003 12:21 Rene Bartsch wrote:
> > What about just taking DXR3-plugin and exchanging the hardware-code with
> > remuxer and your RTP-stack.
> >
> > The remuxer would mux the OSD2VOBsub-stream into the A/V-stream and put
in
> > on air by the RTP-stack. This way any RTP-capable media-player on the
local
> > or any client-machine would be able to act as primary device WITH OSD.
>
> Sorry for a little ignorance concerning MPEG-Streams, but can anyone tell
me
> how such a remuxer must work?
>
> Can I use one of the available Remux-classes or will I have to write a new
> one?

I do not have enough knowledge about A/V-streams to implement a muxer, but
the DXR3-plugin needs the ffmpeg-package, which holds a lot of muxing and
parsing libraries. So just ask on the ffmpeg-ML which code you can use.

If you use ffserver instead of RTP, you even could use all code from ffmpeg.

I also want to suggest you to build a patch to the DXR3-plugin which decides
to compile for DXR3-HW and/or Stream by Makefile.

Splitting up a complete new plugin will cause more work with maintaining
common code (e.g. updating OSD2VOBsub-code).

Maybe you can join the DXR3-developers.

Rene