[vdr] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: cDevice plugin API

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 06:14:21PM +0100, Stephan Bieker wrote:

> Why should that be so if almost erveryone is putting the same plugins into
> vdr. With the same argument, you could strip of watching TV from vdr and
> release it as plugin for users who want a recording only vdr or vice versa.
> Its only a matter of where you draw the borderline.
> And I do sign your meaning, that its not good to put _everything_ into vdr,
> but i think, _most_ users want:
> mp3 playing
> audio-cd playing
> (s)vcd playing
> dvd playing

I use/want none of this.

> mastertime like Timer programming.

Here i'm biased. But from the feedback i've got until today i would say
that only a fraction of the VDR-Userbase uses this. But as i don't know
the "vdradmin"-numbers which contains the much "lighter" autotimer and
the number of people who can live with "Do-It-Yourself"-Timers i can't
even guess the percentage of people recording something via timers. But
i'm sure that the count is below 50%.

Bis denn